Legal Assistance during COVID-19
Do you need legal assistance during COVID-19?
We know that it has been a difficult year with COVID-19 and that nannies, house cleaners, and home care workers are struggling to make ends meet and care for loved ones. During times of uncertainty, our strength comes from our unity! Now, NDWA members can access support from our friends at the National Women’s Law Center. Please read below for information on available resources and support.
Where can I access this assistance?
You can visit their website here
Submit a request for legal help for issues like accessing paid sick days and paid childcare leave or for COVID-19 resources visit here
How does it work?
- You can submit your form in English or Spanish.
- They will follow up within 10 days with a list of attorneys in their network who practice in your state.
- Attorneys have agreed to provide the first consultation for free.
- You will contact the attorneys for the free consultation.
- At this consultation, you can explain their situation and seek legal advice and assistance.
If you need access to other languages, or accommodation because of a disability, while seeking assistance, please contact [email protected] or at 202-319-3053.
I need help with my application or have questions! Is there someone I can call?
If you have any questions or need assistance email [email protected] or call 202-319-3053.