Return to Work Safely
Whether you’re going back to an old job or starting a new one, chances are that both you and your potential employer are feeling nervous about how to stay safe.
We can help! NDWA has developed recommendations and sample agreements between workers and employers on topics like:
- ✔ What you’ll all do to reduce your risk of exposure to COVID-19
- ✔ What you’ll do if either you or your employer gets sick
- ✔ How you’ll work together to keep the virus out of the workplace
- ✔ What’s the safest way for you to get to and from work
- ✔ How you can carry out your tasks in new ways to stay safe
- ✔ What personal protective equipment the employer will provide
- ✔ What a fair rate of pay will be
- ✔ …And more!
Before talking with your employer:
- Read through these sample agreements carefully.
- Think about what YOU need to feel safe, and what you can commit to to keep others safe as well.
- Share the recommendations and sample agreements with your employer. Or you can just use them as a checklist of things you want to be sure to discuss.
- We know it can be hard to negotiate for what you need, so stay tuned for training and tips on how to have these conversations. We’re also working with the media to get these recommendations out to employers directly, so the burden isn’t only on you.
When talking with your employer:
- Remember that everyone’s safety is important and that you both need each other. Being open and honest about what you need can build trust and result in good agreements.
- You can download, discuss and fill out a sample agreement together. Or if you’re not ready to do that, you can reach agreements verbally.
Recommendations and Sample Agreements
** These sample agreements are for use between individual workers and individual household employers. More tools are coming soon–including additional guidelines if you work for an agency or a company and sample agreements for live-in work.**
Read, download or share:
- Our Agreement for Nanny Work during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Our Agreement for Housecleaning Work during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Our Agreement for Home Care during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- These sample agreements are not a substitute for a full work contract. If you don’t have one, you can download our Sample Contract and fill it out together in addition to this agreement.
- Join us for our weekly Connection Calls to learn more.
Coming soon! Tips and training on how to negotiate for what you need.